Wednesday, October 25, 2006

So here we are again

It's that time of year now that spring is in the air...no wait, wrong season.

It's that time of year again, when leaves fall off the trees, the ground smells musty instead of fresh and almost every day includes some sort of precipitation.

Sometimes it feels good (if you're not temporarily living at home that is) to sit indoors and listen to the rain falling on the windows, other times it feels good to go out into the teeth of an autumn gale and walk on the beach in the pouring (horizontal) rain. The beaches are at their most beautiful at this time of year, pity not more people go out to see them. (Then again, part of the rationale behind going is to get away from everyone else).

Other times you curse the autumn and all that goes with it, the winter season is the worst, I hate, i truly HATE the winter. Everything I do, everything I exist for is dependent on warmth and sunshine. The addition of a new grill to go on my veranda will at least give me the chance to enjoy that special flavour of kerosene laced steak even if it is -3 outside.

I started training again today, a little gentle rehabilitation after my accident. I found that I couldn't really lift very much at all, went down to 60 kgs. on the bench press from 70 before the accident, but then the rib was bothering me and I didn't have the guts to go for the pain barrier.

I also got a new bike today, the insurance company that the "runner-overerer" was insured with has given me enough money to buy a new bike and a new pair of raintrousers so that I am no worse (at least materially) off than I was before the accident.

Finally, the weekend is fast approaching and with it the Bruce springsteen concert in Oslo spektrum. Click on the link for a taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home